The Career Center offers individual career counseling and career assessments for all students, free of charge. Working with a career counselor can help you:
- Decide on a major
- Investigate ways to use your major in the "real world" of work
- Discuss your ideas and concerns about career-related issues
- Make effective career decisions
- Learn how to conduct a professional job search
- Create an targeted resume
- Develop effective interviewing techniques
Meet with a Career Counselor
A student can meet with a career counselor and ask a quick question on Tuesdays 10:30am-11:30am and Wednesdays from 10:00am-11:00am and sign-up for a timeslot.
Students of Other CSUs:
Currently enrolled students from CSUs other than SF State are eligible for Career Center services, and do not need to purchase a Membership. Such students must present both of the following:
- Letter of reciprocity from their institution's career center
- Valid (current) student ID
Students of Other Schools:
As a SF State student service, Career Center services are not available to the non-CSU community. Students of non-CSU educational institutions, student from the College of Extended Learning and American Language Institute, as well as member of the community are not eligible to access SF State Career Center Services.