How To Earn Academic Units Through the Cooperative Education Program
 (For a PDF format printout, click here)

Domestic Students

1. Submit the following documents:

2. Meet with the Director of the Cooperative Education Program

3. Register for one of the following classes: SCI 693 (Undergraduate) or SCI 793 (Graduate); or AU 693/AU 793 through College of Extended Learning (CEL)

International Students

Follow Steps 1-3 above, plus:

4. Obtain a Support Letter signed by your faculty advisor (a template can be found at

Then bring your I-20, Support Letter, Offer Letter, and Course Registration to the Office of International Programs, ADM 458A, and they will issue a Curricular Practical Training Work Permit.

If you have questions about the process, contact us.  We're here to help!