Job Title: Reading/ Writing/ Study Skills Tutor
On Campus Student Assistant or Work-Study
We are currently accepting applications for Fall 2014.
- Develop your communication, interpersonal, academic, and leadership skills in a supportive work environment that enhances your ability to work with people from diverse backgrounds.
- Participate in valuable academic and people skills education workshops.
- Gain experience that will enhance your resume.
- Join the LAC's friendly, talented, and diverse staff.
- Assess student learning needs in consultation with Learning Assistance Center faculty.
- Assist students to achieve learning goals in writing, reading, and study skills across disciplines.
- Monitor and evaluate effectiveness of tutoring.
- Work cooperatively with staff to perform additional duties necessary for efficient operation of the Center.
- Attend mandatory staff orientation (see http://www.sfsu.edu/~lac/lacjobs.html for Fall 2014 workshop dates) and AU697/796 weekly seminar.
- Upper division or graduate students from colleges and departments across disciplines are encouraged to apply.
- Upper division students must have successfully completed an SF State approved GWAR courses.
- Graduate students, enrolled in an English teacher preparation program such as Composition or MATESOL are encouraged to apply.
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 and experience and/or training working with a multi-cultural undergraduate student population.
- Ability to involve students in their own learning process and to assist them in developing reading, essay writing, and study skills.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills a must.
Unofficial transcripts and a cover letter must be submitted with the job application. Only complete applications will be considered.
Please review tutor education requirements before you submit your application.
STARTING PAY RATE $/Hr: 11.50
TIME 10 - 20 hours per week during M - TH: 9-4; F: 9-12.
7-8 hours per week minimum. Must be available in time blocks of at least 2 hours