Pride at SF State is a committee of faculty, staff and students that is committed to making San Francisco State University a safe and welcoming community for people of all sexualities and gender identities.
The Pride listserv is open to the SF State community to share information, events, announcements, etc. If you'd like to be added to the listserv, send an amil to email@example.com with your name and email address.
Save the Date for Pride Prom 2013
Student Life presents the 3rd annual Pride Prom on Friday, March 1, 2013. Get more information about Pride Prom at the Student Life Facebook page and the Upcoming Events page on the Dean of Students Web site.
- Watch the Pride Prom video from 2010
- Check out the Pride Prom pictures taken at the 2010 event by Cristal and Lisa Wallin
- Welcome Days: there will be a workshop entitled Getting Connected: Finding Community for LGBTQ Students held in HUM 285 from 2:30 p.m. to 3:15 p.m. and 3:30 p.m. to 4:15 p.m. Come to this workshop to find out how to meet other students and begin developing community on campus for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and questioning students and their allies.
- National Coming Out Day: join us in Malcolm X Plaza from 12:00 noon to 2:00 p.m. on Thursday, October 11th to celebrate National Coming Out Day.
- World AIDS Day: visit the AIDS Coordinating Committee web site for information about all of the events planned for World AIDS Day.
Fall 2012 Events
Below are just a few event highlights for the fall 2012 semester.
Queer Yo Mind
Queer Yo Mind is a public conference highlighting intellectual scholarship and activism across all disciplines and historical periods. To get more information about Queer Yo Mind, visit the Queer Yo Mind web site.
Video from Honoring Our Right to Love
On Thursday, February 11, 2010, Pride at SF State hosted Honoring Our Right to Love to invite the campus community (students, staff, faculty and administrators) to speak out they (and their families) have been impacted by Proposition 8. Watch the video made from the event.