Benefits of an LLC
Living Learning Communities are proven to increase the likelihood of student success in the first year. In offering these communities, University Housing and our SFSU campus partners are committed to creating a holistic learning environment that provides peer networking opportunities, increased faculty support, and community based learning inside and outside of the classroom. The success of the students in these communities relies on a partnership between University Housing, Student Affairs, Academic Affairs, and most of all the community residents. Because of this, we require all residents of the Living Learning and Theme Communities to echo our commitment to this enhanced learning environment by completing a Community Agreement for your specific community. Links to specific Community Agreements are available on the individual community web pages.
All Residence Communities have the common objectives:
- facilitate students' academic and social integration into the university,
- help students plan their academic future,
- reinforce students' development of essential academic skills and building important academic support skills,
- help students to develop key personal and interpersonal skills,
- foster cultural sensitivity and civility, and
- improve retention and facilitating graduation.