- Posting Jobs and Internships
- Career Events
- On-Campus Interviewing
- Policies and Guidelines
- Hiring an International Student
Posting Jobs and Internships
Advertise your employment opportunities to SF State students and alumni. The Career Center provides several ways to help employers meet their hiring needs, including part-time, seasonal, summer, internship/co-op and full-time employment opportunities.
- For more information on posting positions at San Francisco State, click here.
As part of their hiring strategies, many employers want to establish visibility for their organization at SF State and to have the opportunity to talk to students face-to-face. This can be accomplished by participating in a variety of on-campus career events coordinated by the Career Center in collaboration with colleges, academic departments, and student organizations.
- For a description of career events offered, click here.
The OCI Program provides your organization the opportunity to interview graduating students and alumni for full-time career positions and internship opportunities. Interviews are conducted in the Career Center for the convenience of both students and employers.
SF State students and recent graduates use GatorJOBS to submit their resumes for your consideration. All communication and interview scheduling is conveniently handled on-line between you and the candidates.
- To schedule an OCI date, please submit your request online using your GatorJOBS account or send an e-mail with your contact information to email@example.com.
At SF State, our diversity is our strength. To meet hiring needs, many employers appreciate SF State for its high quality students representing a multicultural and diverse background that reflects the San Francisco Bay Area and the face of the nation.
- To view Ethnicity Reports showing diversity enrollment statistics, click here.
Policies and Guidelines
To ensure the quality of our services and to limit the risk to SF State students, the SF State Career Center has established policies and guidelines for all recruiting activities.
Please review our Policies & Guidelines.[PDF]
Recruiting activities include, but are not limited to:
- Career fairs & expos
- Career symposiums
- On-campus interviews
- Information sessions
- Leaflet distribution
- Advertising opportunities, including
- Bulletin boards
- Job binders
- Associated on-line services
Hiring an International Student
With many multi-national companies in the Bay Area, employers often express an interest in hiring our international students for short-term projects or internships. Most of our international students are eligible to work while attending school ("Curricular Practical Training") or for one year full-time after graduation ("Post-completion Practical Training"). Work authorizations for practical training are handled through the Office of International Programs at SF State.
Find out how simple it is to hire an international student from SF State for your short-term projects or internship programs:
- What Employers Should Know About Hiring International Students[PDF]
- Yes, You Can Hire An International Student Without a Green Card[PDF]