Fall 2014 Outdoor Event Requests
Reservation Procedures for All Outdoor Venues
Due to the high demand for Malcolm X Stage and the Quad during the academic year, the following guidelines have been established to create a fair, equitable and clear process for reserving these venues:
- The Student Involvement & Career Center will start accepting requests on the dates and times below for outdoor events occurring on Malcolm X Stage, Centennial Walkway and/or the Lawn Area during the 2014-2015 academic year.
- Historical events for the fall 2014 semester: Tuesday, May 27, 2014, at 8:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m. on Tuesday, June 3, 2014. Historical is defined as events that have been in existence for at least 5 years.
- All events for the fall 2014 semester: Friday, August 1, 2014, at 8:00 a.m. on a rolling first-come-first-served basis.
- Historical events for the spring 2015 semester: Friday, November 7, 2014, at 8:00 a.m. through 5:00 p.m. on Monday, November 24, 2014. Historical is defined as events that have been in existence for at least 5 years.
- All events for the spring 2015 semester: Monday, December 8, 2014, at 8:00 a.m. on a rolling first-come-first-served basis.
- Only currently registered student organization officers (named on the registration form and attended a Student Leader Orientation) can submit requests for student organizations and department faculty and staff with SF State identification can submit requests for departments.
- All requests are initially made with the Student Involvement and Career Center using the appropriate Request Form(s).
- All requests must be completed at least 10 business days prior to proposed event. The Student Involvement and Career Center continues to work with student groups with event planning pertaining to current world events as they develop.
- All scheduling requests are on a first-come-first-served basis.
- If the outdoor venue is available for the date requested, the person who submitted the request will be notified by email to confirm that the space has been tentatively held pending event approval.
- The Student Involvement and Career Center staff may request further information and/or a meeting to learn more about the event and resources needed to provide a safe and successful program.
- Amplified sound can be used for registered campus events in Malcolm X Stage during the hours of 12:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m. on Monday - Friday. The Student Center Sound System (SCSS) must be used for outdoor events. If particular amplifiers or speakers cannot be directly connected into the SCSS, or have an independent volume control device, it will be the responsibility of the student organization sponsoring the event and the performers playing the music, in collaboration with the Student Center sound technicians and SICC staff, to not exceed the 75 decibel level measurement.
- Bands with amplified sound are restricted to 12:00 p.m. to 1:00 p.m. (the lunchtime hour) on Tuesdays and Thursdays. This is due to the fact that few courses were offered in surrounding buildings during this time period in Spring 2010. We strongly suggest that all organizations sponsoring a band work closely with Associated Students Inc. Performing Arts in an effort to provide more consistency with band and sound management.
- Groups reserving an outdoor venue and canceling events without appropriate notice to The Student Involvement and Career Center (at a minimum 7 business days) will impact future reservation requests.
- Questions regarding your reservation can be directed to Rafael Martinez (email@example.com).
- We look forward to working with you on your event.