Study Abroad Advisors and Peer Mentors are available by drop-in in the Office of International Programs, Village at Centennial Square, Building C. See times below:
|Study Abroad Advising (Advisors and Peer Mentors) Drop-In Availability|
Share Your Experience: Volunteer as a Peer Mentor
What do Peer Mentors do?
- Volunteer up to 2 hours per week for the semester
- Talk to potential study abroad students in the Study Abroad Office
- Make classroom presentations
- Help lead Information Meetings
- Facilitate research for study abroad applicants
Why join the Peer Mentor Program?
- Gain experience in outreach and mentoring with our Peer Mentor Training Program
- Share your study abroad stories with prospective students
- Develop strong communication and presentation skills via workshops offered by the OIP as well as practices !
- Ease your way back to SF State life
- Stay connected with other students who are passionate about study abroad!
The Peer Mentor Program allows you to gain work experience by sharing what you learned abroad with the campus community as a volunteer in the study abroad office! To recognize the achievement of successful Peer Mentors, we provide a Certificate of Completion and prepare a recommendation letter for future endeavors (i.e. scholarships, graduate school, employment, etc.). We will be contacting you in August (for fall semester) and/ December (for spring semester) about becoming Peer Mentor.